Founded in 2020, Fenjan is the University of Pennsylvania’s premier journal on the Middle East. Through non-partisan, quarterly issues, Fenjan is dedicated to increasing empathy for and understanding of the Middle East among the Penn Community through written and visual work. Fenjan covers countries commonly recognized as part of the MENA region. We welcome people of every cultural identifier and background.
1. We welcome submissions created by undergraduate students from all universities
2. Submissions can be from a class but cannot be published elsewhere
3. Submission format must include the author's
Submit graphics to include—photography, graphs, etc.
4. We welcome academic and creative content connected to the MENA region. Possible topics include traditional academic essays, travel diaries, poetry, personal essays, short stories, or digital/artistic content such as photography.
5. Please email submissions to email@example.com